Every January 1st when that ball drops in Time Square people make the decision to change their ways in the coming year and trust me, I’m no different. Time after time I make grand plans of making big changes for the upcoming year only to falter a month in, two months in and go back to my ways before or give up.
So with a new month upon us I thought why not spread out these hopes for a better me through out the year. Resolutions aren’t just for January, right? I thought I’d share some of my February Goals here to help me stay accountable this month and through out the year. Hopefully this inspires other to make and keep goals too!
-February Goals 2018-
- Drink more water – I feel like this is a “must-do” resolution but I’ve come to realize when I don’t drink enough I feel sluggish. Definitely a must for me.
- Read at least 1 book– with a toddler to take care of and a lot of other stuff to do during the day I’ve completely neglected books over the past year. I think last year I read one, maybe two books… in 12 months. When I was younger I couldn’t find enough books to read. So this month I want to aim for 1 book instead of some of TV and other tech pastimes I always get sucked into…. which leads me to…
- More Self-Care– When you become a mom a lot of time goes to taking care of others so for February ( the month of love) I want to spend more time unplugging and loving myself. Some fun things I thought would be:
- Painting my nails (which I never find time to do..)
- buying something new to try (shampoo, makeup)
- taking time to unwind that isn’t watching TV
- Exercise 3 x/week – All October, November and half of December my husband and I were really working our fitness and felt so good about it… then Christmas cookies and big dinners came and we got off track so I want to get back into the swing.
- Finish the Afghan I’m making my husband
- Blog and plan 3 x / week– I have so much planned out and I’m trying to get organized so that this dream will come to fruition for once.
- Try at least 2 new recipes
- Deep Clean/Organize at least 1 area of my house per week/FlyLady– My house is happily lived in messy, it’s never perfect but it’s also not gross. I’d love to spend a solid week really deep cleaning and organizing everything we never use. Goodwill will be getting a lot of donations soon enough. One way I hope to get in the swing of things is using the FlyLady method which maybe I’ll do a little post on later. If you want to learn more about it check out her website FlyLady.Net
- Use my planner more– I have a gorgeous planner that I used a lot throughout last year and for some reason lost my way so I can’t wait to make it more of a priority.
- Finish my baby’s hand quilted afghan.
It looks like a lot but when you think about a month being almost 30 days it’s a lot of time available to make a lot of change. Little things at a time will lead to a lot of change month by month!
Wish me luck!